1. Your annual Chapters membership, helps our 21 year-old local, legendary, and literary bookstore go forward against the predatory superstores, and keeps downtown D.C. distinctive.
2. You'll always find books - literary gems - at CHAPTERS that you won't see anywhere else, and our poetry selection is epic!
3.You'd like to get a 10% discount of all Chapters' new and full-price books, and with your $25. one year membership fee, you get exactly that.
4. At CHAPTERS, we've actually read the books we recommend. (What a novel idea!)
5. As "Washingtonian Magazine" says, CHAPTERS is one of the city's treasures, where the "joie de livre" may always be found, and we're right in your neighborhood!
6. You know that every dollar spent at Chapters, a local independent, has three times the economic impact on our city as that spent at a national chain.
7. Where else but at CHAPTERS could you end the work week in such a civilized way as by having Friday afternoon tea with sherry and biscuits?
8. You second Howard Norman's opinion that "CHAPTERS is an indispensable resource, an active monument on the cultural landscape."
9. You're up at all hours, and so is www.chaptersliterary.com. (open 24/7) and replete with recommendations and Literary To-Do's.(And though there's no discount on online orders, your shipping costs can earn you a Gift Certificate.
10. CHAPTERS hosts the city's only series of Literary To-Do's, with each event structured to appeal to both the general reader and the literary specialist.
11. You are very tempted by CHAPTERS' stellar collection of signed first editions.
12. CHAPTERS' discriminating selection of gently read used books invariably turns up a find.
13. Our foreign language section opens many new chapitres for you.
Your $25. annual membership fee entitles you to a 10% discount off new and full-price books. Please make check out to Chapters.
CHAPTERS is located at 445 11th Street. Washington D.C. 20004. To get here by Metro, exit Metro Center on the Red, Orange or Blue lines (take the 11th Street exit). Walk south toward Pennsylvania Avenue. Or exit Federal Triangle on the Blue and Orange lines, come east on Pennsylvania Avenue to 11th, turn left. We are near the intersection of 11th and E Street, across the street from the new Landmark E St. Cinema. And right on the way to Michel Richard's new downtown restaurant, Central!